MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE RULES – 2017-2018
It is the philosophy of the Maine State YMCA Swim League that in order to:
– Meet accepted YMCA program objectives,
– Prepare our competitors for further swimming competition, and
– Foster in our participants a healthy outlook on life;
The League and its Teams must:
– Create a fair set of rules and enforce them firmly and consistently, and
– Seek out coaches and officials who will use every opportunity to demonstrate that
fair, firm, and consistent rules are in the end better for everyone.
• The League recommends that every YMCA team make every effort to support Maine YMCA meets first.
• Each team may award ribbons to other swimmers as it seems fit.
• It is recommended that league meetings the group follow Robert’s Rules of order when an
impasse occurs or issue is raised at the meeting.
• Host team should re-seed meet after scratches.
1. The rules of the USA Swimming Technical rules shall be the Official Rules of this League with
the following additions and changes:
2. The water depth at the end of the pool where any swimmer starts from a block or the
deck may be no less than that recommended by the National YMCA Competitive Swimming
and Diving Guidelines (currently – 5 feet). If the water depth is less than recommended,
swimmers must start in the water.
3. The eligibility of any swimmer to represent a YMCA shall be determined by the National Rules
That Govern YMCA Competitive Sports and by the Local YMCA Board of Directors. The Competitive
Swimming Coordinator(s), whose decision shall be final, will rule on any case in question. The penalty for allowing an ineligible swimmer to compete for points shall be forfeiture of all points earned by the
offending team in those events at the meet in question.
4. The Official Winter Swimming Season shall be from September 1st to April 30th. The
Summer Swimming Season shall be from May 1st to August 31st.
5. A swimmer’s age group for winter competition shall be determined by his or her age
on December 1st of the current season, except when meet information indicates an alternate date. A
Swimmer’s age group for summer competition shall be determined by his or her age on the first day of the meet in question.
a. The 8 and Under Division shall consist of competitors age 8 & under.
b. The 9 &10 Division shall consist of competitors age 10 and under.
c. The 11 & 12 Division shall consist of competitors age 12 and under.
d. The 13 & 14 Division shall consist of competitors age 14 and under.
e. The Senior Division shall consist of competitors who are age 12 or over on the 1st day of the
Short Course National Championships, but less than age 22 on the day of competition, who
have not represented any scholastic institution beyond grade 12 in competitive swimming.
f. Open Division is available to all eligible swimmers.
The Competitive Swimming Coordinator(s), whose decision shall be final, will rule on any case in
question. The penalty for allowing a swimmer to compete in an age group in which he or she is not
eligible to compete shall be forfeiture of all points earned by the offending team in those events in the meet in question.
6. The League shall maintain records for 8 and Under, 9 & 10, 11 & 12, 13 & 14, 15 – 18 and
Senior Divisions. Records shall be maintained for all events in the League Event List and for any other events in which records are kept by the National YMCA. Records may be established only in YMCA competition, sanctioned or approved in writing by the Cluster Coordinator(s) and only in the event, distance, and stroke actually contested, except that the first swimmer on a relay team may establish a record as specified in the regular Rules. The Cluster Coordinator(s) will rule on any record or performance in question.
a. A separate set of Short Course Yard Records will be maintained for times obtained in 25 yard pools.
b. A separate set of Short Course Meter Records will be maintained for times obtained in 25 meter pools.
c. A separate set of Long Course Records will be maintained for times obtained in 50 meter pools
d. In order to establish a State Record, electronic or 3 stop watch timing must be used.
a. Any amendment, change, addition. or deletion to the General Rules, the League Meets
Rules, or the Championship Meet Rules must be proposed and adopted at the Spring League
Meeting, and must be adopted again at the Fall League Meeting in order to become official.
b. Each team present at the meeting shall have one vote. If there is a tie vote, the motion fails.
a. It will be the duty of the league Coordinator( s) to make available at, or as soon as
possible after the Fall Meeting one copy of these Rules to every YMCA which has a team in the League and have it posted on the website.
b. In addition it will be the duty of the league Coordinator( s) to distribute to each
YMCA at, or ASAP following, the Fall Meeting:
1 copy of the League Directory
1 copy of the League Schedule
1 copy of the National YMCA Rules That Govern Competitive Sports
1 copy of the Rules for the YMCA National Championship
1 copy of the National YMCA Competitive Swimming Rules.
1 copy of the Coach of the Year Criteria.
1 copy of the YMCA Citizen criteria.
1 copy of budget and finance report.
Hy-Tek Meet Manager files will be provided by the league and will be the official file on the website.
9. Each swimmer that qualifies for and competes at Winter Nationals in an individual event will receive a reimbursement of up to $250 per swimmer or a max of $4,000 throughout the league. Payable to the athletes team. Athletes who qualify for Summer Nationals will receive reimbursement up to $100 or a maximum of $1,000 throughout the league. Payable to the athletes team.
10. The Maine YMCA swim league does not recognize a technical suit for any swimmer in Maine YMCA Swim league and therefore will not permit such suit being worn at any Maine State YMCA League sanctioned event.
LEAGUE MEETS – WINTER SEASON
1. Dual Meet definition: A dual meet is defined as a scored meet between 2 different Y teams that
use a uniform order of events as presented by the league unless both coaches agree.
Closed Meet definition: A closed meet is a Y meet set-up between 2 or more Y teams using a non-dual meet order of events with the list of event files as provided by the league and non-scoring.
Open/Invitational Meet definition: An open/invitational meet should be a Y meet with no pre-set criteria for competition and no scoring except for what is in the meet information
If the Schedule is not accepted and if no alternative is agreed upon, the submitted Schedule shall be the official League Schedule for the following year. The Cluster Coordinator(s) will attempt to arrange equal numbers of home and away dual meets and to alternate home and away meets from year to year by order of State Meet finish. Once the League Schedule is published each team must swim all scheduled dual meets unless the team is released by the Cluster Coordinator(s), or the meet is canceled due to weather or extenuating circumstances.
2. Each competitor shall be allowed to compete to score in three events including relay at dual
meets. For closed meets swimmers shall be allowed to swim in no more than four events. This rule may be waived if all coaches agree, but if there is no agreement the Referee shall enforce this rule as written.
3A. Dual Meets only: The host coach must contact the visiting coach to discuss relevant information
by 5:00 pm on Wednesday before the meet. The visiting coach must send his or her full Meet Entry and Team Roster (also from Hy-Tek Team Manager – with Seed Times) to the host coach by 9:00 PM on the Thursday before
the Meet. The host team must e-mail the Meet Manager Back-Up to the visiting coach if requested. Any
changes after that time must be submitted in writing at the meet by (on the form provided if there is one)
or to the Scorer’s Table prior to the beginning of the event or by confirmed e-mail prior to the meet.
3B. Closed Meets:
a. All entries are due Thursday 9 pm prior to the meet to the meet director of the
b. All cuts will be done in this format:
1. Sessions are limited to 4 hours (warm ups are not included)
2. all exhibition swims are cut first
3. 500, 1,000 & 1,650 are not included in the timeline.
4. Host team will communicate warm up schedule to teams entered in the meet.
4A. If Exhibition swims/swimmers are allowed they must be clearly designated by both coaches so
that an Exception Report can be viewed 30 minutes before the start of the Meet. The Referee shall rule
on any cases in question.
4B. For all disqualifications, results must have the Hy-tek DQ code identifying the DQ or the coach must receive the DQ slip.
5. For Dual Meets: Scoring shall be 6,4,3,2,1 for individual events and 8,4,2 for Relays.
6. Every League meet must have officials as indicated by the Current National YMCA Swimming
and Diving Rule Book. If the host team does not have a Certified Official as the Referee, the visiting team will have the right to designate a Referee. The League Coordinator(s) will rule on any case in question, and failure to allow the visiting team to execute its right will cause the host team to forfeit the meet. If the host team is unable to secure a Certified Official, they shall inform the visiting coach in advance.
7. In all League meets there must be electronic timing, or three watches on the first and second
place swimmers and at least one watch on each of the other lanes. If either team requests three watches on every lane and can furnish watches and timers, the Referee shall allow the request and will set up the timing accordingly.
8. When touch pads are used – for all 8 & under & 9-10 events available touchpad times will be
used unless the back-up button time is faster by .3 seconds or more, in which case the button time will be used. For all 11&12, 13-14 and Senior events the USA Swimming rule will apply as written.
9. Awards for open meets will be stated in the Meet Announcement.
10. In all dual meets each team will be responsible to award YMCA ribbons to their swimmers who
score/place. League Ribbon colors are as follows: 1st=Blue, 2nd=Red, 3rd=Yellow, 4th=White, 5th=Pink, 6th=Green, 7th=Purple, and 8th=Orange.
11. The host team shall send a complete and correct set of meet results (including all splits if
electronic timing is used) to the Results Chair (according to his or her instructions), the webmaster and to the visiting team in Meet Manager Back up within 3 business days of the end of the meet. If meet results are not sent, the meet will not count as a meet for the host team, but would count for the visiting team unless there are extenuating circumstances. All times will be valid.
12A. The Order of Events for all League Dual Meets will be as listed on page 5 of these
Rules and will include all listed events. Scoring will be done on the 88 event format indicated on page 7.
12B. The Order of Events for all League Closed Meets is listed on page 7. Scoring is not required for
MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE
Dual Meet – STANDARD ORDER OF EVENTS
|Format 1||Format 2|
|1. 8 & Under Girl 100 Free Relay||1. 8 & Under Girl 100 Free Relay|
|2. 8 & Under Boy 100 Free Relay||2. 8 & Under Boy 100 Free Relay|
|3.10 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay||3.10 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|4.10 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay||4.10 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|5. 11-12 Girl 200 Medley Relay||5. 11-12 Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|6. 11-12 Boy 200 Medley Relay||6. 11-12 Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|7. 14 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay||7. 14 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|8. 14 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay||8. 14 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|9. Senior Girl 200 Medley Relay||9. Senior Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|10. Senior Boy 200 Medley Relay||10. Senior Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|11. 8 & Under Girl 25 Free||11. 8 & Under Girl 25 Free|
|12. 8 & Under Boy 25 Free||12. 8 & Under Boy 25 Free|
|13. 11 & 12 Girl 200 Free||13. 8 & Under Girl 100 I.M.|
|14. 11 & 12 Boy 200 Free||14. 8 & Under Boy 100 I.M.|
|15. 13 & 14 Girl 200 Free||15. 9 & 10 Girl 100 I.M.|
|16. 13 & 14 Boy 200 Free||16. 9 & 10 Boy 100 I.M.|
|17. Senior Girls 200 Free||17. 11 & 12 Girl 100 I.M.|
|18. Senior Boys 200 Free||18. 11 & 12 Boy 100 I.M.|
|19. 8 & Under Girl 25 Fly||19. 13 & 14 Girl 200 I.M.|
|20. 8 & Under Boy 25 Fly||20. 13 & 14 Boy 200 I.M.|
|21. 8 & Under Girl 50 Free||21. Senior Girl 200 I.M.|
|22. 8 & Under Boy 50 Free||22. Senior Boy 200 I.M.|
|23. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Free||23. 8 & Under Girl 25 Fly|
|24. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Free||24. 8 & Under Boy 25 Fly|
|25. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Free||25. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Free|
|26. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Free||26. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Free|
|27. 13 & 14 Girl 50 Free||27. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Free|
|28. 13 & 14 Boy 50 Free||28. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Free|
|29. Senior Girl 50 Free||29. 13 & 14 Girl 50 Free|
|30. Senior Boy 50 Free||30. 13 & 14 Boy 50 Free|
|31. 8 & Under Girl 25 Back||31. Senior Girl 50 Free|
|32. 8 & Under Boy 25 Back||32. Senior Boy 50 Free|
|33. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Fly||33. 8 & Under Girl 25 Back|
|34. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Fly||34. 8 & Under Boy 25 Back|
|35. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Fly||35. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Fly|
|36. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Fly||36. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Fly|
|37. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Fly||37. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Fly|
|38. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Fly||38. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Fly|
|39. Senior Girl 100 Fly||39. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Fly|
|40. Senior Boy 100 Fly||40. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Fly|
|41. 8 & Under Girl 25 Breast||41. Senior Girl 100 Fly|
|42. 8 & Under Boy 25 Breast||42. Senior Boy 100 Fly|
|43. 9 & 10 Girl 100 Free||43. 8 & Under Girl 25 Breast|
|44. 9 & 10 Boy 100 Free||44. 8 & Under Boy 25 Breast|
|45. 11 & 12 Girl 100 Free||45. 11 & 12 Girl 100 Free|
|46. 11 & 12 Boy 100 Free||46. 11 & 12 Boy 100 Free|
|47. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Free||47. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Free|
|48. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Free||48. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Free|
|49. Senior Girl 100 Free||49. Senior Girl 100 Free|
|50. Senior Boy 100 Free||50. Senior Boy 100 Free|
|51. 8 & Under Girl 100 Medley Relay||51. 8 & Under Girl 100 Medley Relay|
|52. 8 & Under Boy 100 Medley Relay||52. 8 & Under Boy 100 Medley Relay|
|53. Senior Girl 500 Free||53. Senior Girl 500 Free|
|54. Senior Boy 500 Free||54. Senior Boy 500 Free|
|55. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Back||55. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Back|
|56. 9 & 10 Boy50 Back||56. 9 & 10 Boy50 Back|
|57. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Back||57. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Back|
|58. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Back||58. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Back|
|59. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Back||59. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Back|
|60. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Back||60. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Back|
|61. Senior Girl 100 Back||61. Senior Girl 100 Back|
|62. Senior Boy 100 Back||62. Senior Boy 100 Back|
|63. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Breast||63. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Breast|
|64. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Breast||64. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Breast|
|65. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Breast||65. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Breast|
|66. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Breast||66. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Breast|
|67. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Breast||67. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Breast|
|68. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Breast||68. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Breast|
|69. Senior Girl 100 Breast||69. Senior Girl 100 Breast|
|70. Senior Boy 100 Breast||70. Senior Boy 100 Breast|
|71. 9 & 10 Girl 200 Free Relay||71. 9 & 10 Girl 200 Free Relay|
|72. 9 & 10 Boy 200 Free Relay||72. 9 & 10 Boy 200 Free Relay|
|73. 11 & 12 Girl 200 Free Relay||73. 11 & 12 Girl 200 Free Relay|
|74. 11 & 12 Boy 200 Free Relay||74. 11 & 12 Boy 200 Free Relay|
|75. 13 & 14 Girl 200 Free Relay||75. 13 & 14 Girl 200 Free Relay|
|76. 13 & 14 Boy 200 Free Relay||76. 13 & 14 Boy 200 Free Relay|
|77. Senior Girl 200 Free Relay||77. Senior Girl 200 Free Relay|
|78. Senior Boy 200 Free Relay||78. Senior Boy 200 Free Relay|
MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE
88 EVENT LIST FOR RESULTS AND SCORING FOR REGULAR LEAGUE MEETS
|Event # For Girls||Event||Event # For Boys|
|1.||8 & U 100 yard Medley Relay||2.|
|3.||9 & 10 200 yard Medley Relay||4.|
|5.||11 & 12 200 yard Medley Relay||6.|
|7.||13 & 14 200 yard Medley Relay||8.|
|9.||Senior 200 yard Medley Relay||10.|
|11.||11 & 12 200 yard Freestyle||12.|
|13.||13 & 14 200 yard Freestyle||14.|
|15.||Senior 200 yard Freestyle||16.|
|17.||8 & U 100 yard Ind. Medley||18.|
|19.||9 & 10 100 yard Ind. Medley||20.|
|21.||11 & 12 100 yard Ind. Medley||22.|
|23.||13 & 14 200 yard Ind. Medley||24.|
|25.||Senior 200 yard Ind. Medley||26.|
|27.||8 & U 25 yard Freestyle||28.|
|29.||9 & 10 50 yard Freestyle||30.|
|31.||11 & 12 50 yard Freestyle||32.|
|33.||13 & 14 50 yard Freestyle||34.|
|35.||Senior 50 yard Freestyle||36.|
|37.||8 & U 25 yard Butterfly||38.|
|39.||9 & 10 50 yard Butterfly||40.|
|41.||11 & 12 50 yard Butterfly||42.|
|43.||13 & 14 100 yard Butterfly||44.|
|45.||Senior 100 yard Butterfly||46.|
|47.||8 & U 50 yard Freestyle||48.|
|49.||9 & 10 100 yard Freestyle||50.|
|51.||11 & 12 100 yard Freestyle||52.|
|53.||13 & 14 100 yard Freestyle||54.|
|55.||Senior 100 yard Freestyle||56.|
|57.||Senior 500 yard Freestyle||58.|
|59.||8 & U 25 yard Backstroke||60.|
|61.||9 & 10 50 yard Backstroke||62.|
|63.||11 & 12 50 yard Backstroke||64.|
|65.||13 & 14 100 yard Backstroke||66.|
|67.||Senior 100 yard Backstroke||68.|
|69.||8 & U 25 yard Breaststroke||70.|
|71.||9 & 10 50 yard Breaststroke||72.|
|73.||11 & 12 50 yard Breaststroke||74.|
|75.||13 & 14 100 yard Breaststroke||76.|
|77.||Senior 100 yard Breaststroke||78.|
|79.||8 & U 100 yard Freestyle Relay||80.|
|81.||9 & 10 200 yard Freestyle Relay||82.|
|83.||11 & 12 200 yard Freestyle Relay||84.|
|85.||13 & 14 200 yard Freestyle Relay||86.|
|87.||Senior 200 yard Freestyle Relay||88.|
MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE
STATE MEET – ORDER OF EVENTS 201
Session 1 Friday Night Girls
1. Senior 200 Yard Medley Relay
2. 13 & 14 200 Yard Medley Relay
3. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle
4. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle
5. Senior 200 Yard Individual Medley
6. 13 & 14 200 Yard Individual Medley
7. Senior 50 Yard Freestyle
8.13 & 14 50 Yard Freestyle
9. Senior 100 Yard Butterfly
10.13 & 14 100 Yard Butterfly
11. Senior 100 Yard Freestyle
12.13 & 14 100 Yard Freestyle
13. Senior 500 Yard Freestyle
14. 13 & 14 100 Yard Backstroke
15. Senior 100 Yard Backstroke
16. 13 & 14 100 Yard Breaststroke
17. Senior 100 Yard Breaststroke
18. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
19. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 2 Saturday Morning Boys
20. 11 & 12 200 Yard Medley Relay
21. 9 & 10 200 Yard Medley Relay
22. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle
23. 9 & 10 100 Yard Individual Medley
24. 11 & 12 100 Yard Individual Medley
25. 9 & 10 50 Yard Freestyle
26. 11 & 12 50 Yard Freestyle
27. 9 & 10 50 Yard Butterfly
28. 11 & 12 50 Yard Butterfly
29. 9 & 10 100 Yard Freestyle
30. 11 & 12 100 Yard Freestyle
31. 9 & 10 50 Yard Backstroke
32. 11 & 12 50 Yard Backstroke
33. 9 & 10 50 Yard Breaststroke
34. 11 & 12 50 Yard Breaststroke
35. 9 & 10 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
36. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 3 Late Saturday Morning Girls
37. 9 & 10 200 Yard Medley Relay
38. 9 & 10 100 Yard Individual Medley
39. 9 & 10 50 Yard Freestyle
40. 9 & 10 50 Yard Butterfly
41. 9 & 10 100 Yard Freestyle
42. 9 & 10 50 Yard Backstroke
43. 9 & 10 50 Yard Breaststroke
44. 9 & 10 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 4 Saturday Afternoon Boys
45. Senior 200 Yard Medley Relay
46. 13 & 14 200 Yard Medley Relay
47. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle
48. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle
49. Senior 200 Yard Individual Medley
50. 13 & 14 200 Yard Individual Medley
51. Senior 50 Yard Freestyle
52. 13 & 14 50 Yard Freestyle
53. Senior 100 Yard Butterfly
54. 13 & 14 100 Yard Butterfly
55. Senior 100 Yard Freestyle
56. 13 & 14 100 Yard Freestyle
57. Senior 500 Yard Freestyle
58. 13 & 14 100 Yard Backstroke
59. Senior 100 Yard Backstroke
60. 13 & 14 100 Yard Breaststroke
61. Senior 100 Yard Breaststroke
62. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
63. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 5 Sunday Morning Girls
64. 8 & U 100 Yard Medley Relay
65. 8 & U 25 Yard Breaststroke
66. 8 & U 25 Yard Freestyle
67. 8 & U 25 Yard Butterfly
68. 8 & U 50 Yard Freestyle
69. 8 & U 25 Yard Backstroke
70. 8 & U 100 Yard Individual Medley
71. 8 & U 100 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 6 Sunday Late Morning Boys
72. 8 & U 100 Yard Medley Relay
73. 8 & U 25 Yard Breaststroke
74. 8 & U 25 Yard Freestyle
75. 8 & U 25 Yard Butterfly
76. 8 & U 50 Yard Freestyle
77. 8 & U 25 Yard Backstroke
78. 8 & U 100 Yard Individual Medley
79. 8 & U 100 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 7 Sunday Afternoon Girls
80.. 11 & 12 200 Yard Medley Relay
81. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle
82. 11 & 12 100 Yard Individual Medley
83. 11 & 12 50 Yard Freestyle
84. 11 & 12 50 Yard Butterfly
85. 11 & 12 100 Yard Freestyle
86. 11 & 12 50 Yard Backstroke
87. 11 & 12 50 Yard Breaststroke
88. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
CHAMPIONSHIP – WINTER SEASON
1. The eligibility of a team to compete in the Championship Meet will be determined by applicable State and
National YMCA regulations. The League Coordinator(s} will rule on any cases in question. That ruling will be final.
2. Every swimmer must swim in at least three League Meets, contested on separate dates, in the current
winter season in order to be eligible to swim in the current Winter Championship Meet. In order to qualify as a
League Meet, a meet must be on the League Schedule issued by the League Coordinator (s}, or must be a make-
up of one on the League Schedule, or must be approved by the Coordinator (s) by December 31 of current
season. The League Coordinator(s) will rule on any cases In question. Only if a coach notifies the League
Coordinators within 48 hours after the last sanctioned League Meet of the season and only in extenuating
circumstances, may the League Coordinator(s) waive this rule. The Coordinator(s} decision will be final. The
Coordinators will notify all coaches of all waivers before State Meet Entries are due.
3. All other problems (except eligibility questions noted above) relating to the entry process or the conduct of
the meet will be decided by the Championship Meet Committee. Their decision will be final. The Championship
Meet Committee in any season will consist of the Meet Director(s}, the Referee(s}, and the Official Starter(s) for the
Championships and a Coach and an Alternate Coach who will be elected at the January Meeting. The Alternate
Coach will serve if the primary Coach’s team is involved. It should be noted that not all members of the Meet
Committee might be present during anyone day of the Competition, and that therefore a majority vote of those in
attendance will be adequate to resolve any problem arising during the competition.
4. Any change, addition, or deletion to the Championship Meet Procedures and Instructions must be proposed
and adopted at the Fall League Meeting in order to become official. In addition, however, the Championship Meet
Committee may issue further detailed instructions, if necessary regarding the use of the State Meet Facility.
5. Team Entries must be created from a Hy- Tek Windows Team Manager and must be sent as a Hy- Tek
Entry File by e-mail to the Seeding Chair and league commissioner, as follows: (Specific date timeline is established in January).
a. By February 1st – each Team must designate an Entry Contact Person who has e-mail.
b. By Noon on Thursday, 8 days before the State Meet – each Team’s Entry File must have been
received by the Seeding Chair by e-mail or diskette. If the Seeding Chair is missing an entry at the
deadline, he/she will attempt to contact the Team. If he/she is not successful, the Cluster Coordinator will
contact the YMCA. A $100.00 fine will be assessed on late entries.
c. By 6:00 PM on Thursday, 8 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair will e-mail to each Team’s
Entry Contact Person an HTML file of that Team’s entries as entered into the State Meet Windows Meet
d. By Noon on Friday, 7 days before the Meet – all additions and corrections to the HTML file must be
received by the Seeding Chair by e-mail. These corrections and additions must be sent by e-mail message
to the Seeding Chair, unless he or she directs the coach to send a full corrected entry file. No changes,
additions, or corrections to the Team Entry will be allowed after this time.
e. By 6:00 PM on Friday, 7 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair will e-mail each Team Entry
Contact an HTML file of the complete Psych Sheet for the Meet.
f. By Noon on Monday, 5 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair must have received by e-mail
any corrections for typographical errors made by the Seeding Chair. He or she must also have received all
protests regarding any swimmer’s eligibility by this time. No other changes or corrections will be accepted
at this time, and no eligibility protests will be accepted after this time.
g. By 6:00 PM on Monday, 5 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair will post the Revised Psych
Sheet on the League’s Web Site.
6.8 days before the Meet –
a. The team data, list of officials and authorization form must be recieved by the League Coordinators
b. a check for the full amount of the Entry Fees due by the day of meet (as voted at the
January Meeting) or payment arrangements must be made with league coordinator.
7. Each team may enter an unlimited number of swimmers in individual events. Each swimmer may
enter a maximum of three events. A team may enter swimmers as exhibition competitors in Exhibition
National YMCA Qualifying Events provided: The team coach makes a request to the Meet Director, the
event is swum only once, the event is not a regularly contested event and the time is close to qualifying
for that age group in this Championship, relays that consist of swimmers of different ages may enter a
relay for a time trial and the team coach arranges for sufficient timers.
8. Swimmers who are left off Entries or from a compliment of 3 events may be added at the meet
director’s discretion, only as Non-scoring Exhibition Competitors, only in empty lanes in existing
heats, and at a cost of $20 per swimmer per event.
9. The Meet Directors will have the authority to ban from the rest of the Meet any swimmer who
vandalizes any part of the host facility or who disobeys rules and regulations regarding its use.
10. Place judging for the Championship Meet shall be by Modified Ballot unless an automatic timing
and judging system is used. All 8 and Under Events will use three buttons instead of touch pads as the
primary finish. For all 9 & 10, and 11 & 12 Events available touch pad times will be used unless the back-
up button time is faster by 0.3 seconds or more, in which case the button time will be used. For all 13 &
14 and Senior Events the USA Swimming rule will apply as written.
11. There will be no penalty for missing an event except disqualification from that event NS will
indicate a no show instead of a disqualification. Missing an event will count as an entered event but there
will be no further penalty for the meet. For all disqualifications, results must have the Hy-tek DQ code
identifying the DQ or the coach must receive the DQ slip.
12. All Events will be run as timed finals.
13. Each team may enter unlimited relay teams in each relay event, but only the highest placing
relay team may score. If a relay team places but does not score, it will receive the awards for that place..
The team coach shall designate the four swimmers assigned to swim on each relay team by listing their
names on the meet Entry file. As many times as needed, a coach may scratch an individual event for any
swimmer needed to fill out a relay, provided that one or more of the swimmers scheduled for that relay is
scratch from the meet.
14. Scoring shall be for sixteen places as in the regular rules. Relays have a value of four times an
15. Appropriate awards will be awarded to the top eight finalists in each event. Ribbons will be
awarded to ninth through sixteenth places. Heat Winner ribbons will be awarded to all Heat Winners.
Each participant will receive a State Meet Participant Award.
16. Team awards will be presented to the winning Girls’ Team, Boys’ Team, and Combined Team in
each of the following Age Groups: 8 and Under, 9 & 10, 11&12, 13&14, Senior, and Over-All. In addition
an award will be presented to the Runner-Up and Combined Over-All Team.
17. For each age group the order of events will be as listed in the State Meet Order of Events on
page 10 of these Rules.
18. Awards will be presented at the State Meet to the YMCA Citizen for a Boy and Girl participant
and to the YMCA Coach of The Year.
19. The recipient of the Outstanding Boy & Girl will receive a $500.00 award payable at the meet upon recognition.