MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE RULES – 2018-2019
It is the philosophy of the Maine State YMCA Swim League that in order to:
– Meet accepted YMCA program objectives,
– Prepare our competitors for further swimming competition, and
– Foster in our participants a healthy outlook on life;
The League and its Teams must:
– Create a fair set of rules and enforce them firmly and consistently, and
– Seek out coaches and officials who will use every opportunity to demonstrate that
fair, firm, and consistent rules are in the end better for everyone.
- The League recommends that YMCA teams support Maine YMCA meets first.
- Each team may award ribbons to other swimmers as it seems fit.
- It is recommended that during league meetings, the group follow Robert’s Rules of order when an impasse occurs or issue is raised at the meeting.
- Host team should re-seed meet after scratches.
- It will be the duty of the league Coordinator( s) to make available at, or as soon as possible after the Fall Meeting one copy of these Rules to every YMCA which has a team in the League and have it posted on the web site.
- In addition it will be the duty of the league Coordinator( s) to distribute to each
YMCA at or ASAP following the Fall Meeting:
1 copy of the League Directory
1 copy of the League Schedule
1 copy of the National YMCA Rules That Govern Competitive Sports
1 copy of the Rules for the YMCA National Championship
- copy of the National YMCA Competitive Swimming Rules.
1 copy of the YMCA Citizen criteria.
1 copy of budget and finance report.
Hy-Tek Meet Manager files will be provided by the league and will be the official file on the web site.
B. GENERAL RULES
- The rules of the USA Swimming Technical rules shall be the Official Rules of this League with the following additions and changes:
- 2. The water depth at the end of the pool where any swimmer starts from a block or the
deck may be no less than that recommended by the National YMCA Competitive Swimming
and Diving Guidelines (currently – 5 feet). If the water depth is less than recommended, swimmers must start in the water.
- The eligibility of any swimmer to represent a YMCA shall be determined by the National Rules That Govern YMCA Competitive Sports and by the Local YMCA Board of Directors. The Competitive Swimming Coordinator(s), whose decision shall be final, will rule on any case in question. The penalty for allowing an ineligible swimmer to compete for points shall be disqualification of all swimmers by the offending team in those events at the meet in question.
- The Official Winter Swimming Season shall be from September 1st to April 30th. The
Summer Swimming Season shall be from May 1st to August 31st.
- A swimmer’s age group for winter competition shall be determined by his or her age
on December 1st of the current season, except when meet information indicates an alternate date. A Swimmer’s age group for summer competition shall be determined by his or her age on the first day of the meet in question.
- a. The 8 and Under Division shall consist of competitors age 8 & under.
- b. The 9 &10 Division shall consist of competitors age 10 and under.
- c. The 11 & 12 Division shall consist of competitors age 12 and under.
- d. The 13 & 14 Division shall consist of competitors age 14 and under.
- The Senior Division shall consist of competitors who are age 12 or over on the 1st day of that season’s Short Course National Championships. but less than age 22 on the day of competition, who have not represented any scholastic institution beyond grade 12 in competitive swimming.
- Open Division is available to all eligible swimmers.
The Competitive Swimming Coordinator(s), whose decision shall be final, will rule on any case in question. The penalty for allowing a swimmer to compete in an age group in which he or she is not eligible to compete shall be forfeiture of all points earned by the offending team in those events in the meet in question.
- The League shall maintain records for 8 and under, 9 & 10, 11 & 12, 13 & 14, 15 – 18 and Senior. Records shall be maintained for all events in the League Event List and for any other events in which records are kept by the National YMCA. Records may be established only in YMCA competition, sanctioned or approved by the Cluster Coordinator(s) and only in the event, distance, and stroke actually contested, except that the first swimmer on a relay team may establish a record as specified in the regular Rules 104.2.1 parts D & E.. The Cluster Coordinator(s) will rule on any record or performance in question.
- A separate set of Short Course Yard Records will be maintained for times obtained in 25 yard pools.
- A separate set of Short Course Meter Records will be maintained for times obtained in 25 meter pools.
- A separate set of Long Course Meter Records will be maintained for times obtained in 50 meter pools.
- In order to establish a State Record, electronic or 3 stop watch timing must be used.
- Coach of the new record must submit to the records chair all pertinent information on the record in question.
- Any amendment, change, addition. or deletion to the General Rules, the League Meets Rules, or the Championship Meet Rules must be proposed and adopted at the Spring League Meeting, and must be adopted again at the Fall League Meeting in order to become official.
- Each team present at the meeting shall have one vote. If there is a tie vote, the motion fails.
- Each swimmer that qualifies for and competes at Winter or Summer Nationals in an individual event will receive a reimbursement of up to $250 per swimmer or a max of $4,000 throughout the league. Payable to the athlete’s team.
- Swimmers 10 years old and younger may not compete in a “Tech” suit in a Maine Swimming sanctioned or approved competition. Swimmers age 11-12 may not compete in a “Tech” suit in a Maine Swimming sanctioned or approved competition EXCEPT for YMCA States. There is no “Tech” suit restriction for swimmers age 13 &over.
C. LEAGUE MEETS – WINTER SEASON
- Dual Meet definition: A dual meet is defined as a scored meet between 2 different Y teams that use a uniform order of events as presented by the league unless both coaches agree.
Closed Meet definition: A closed meet is a Y meet set-up between 2 or more Y teams using a non-dual meet order of events with the list of event files as provided by the league and non-scoring. Adjustment in order of events can be made as long as all coaches agree.
Open/Invitational Meet definition” An open/invitational meet is a Y meet with no pre-set criteria for competition and no scoring except for what is in the meet information.
Double Dual/Triple Meet: A scored meet between 3 or 4 teams that compete at the same time but is scored as 3 dual meets (1v2, 1v3, 2v3) that use a uniform order of events as presented by the league unless all coaches agree.
If the Schedule is not accepted and if no alternative is agreed upon, the submitted Schedule shall be the official League Schedule for the following year. The Cluster Coordinator(s) will attempt to arrange equal numbers of home and away dual meets and to alternate home and away meets from year to year by order of State Meet finish. Once the League Schedule is published each team must swim all scheduled dual meets unless the team is released by the Cluster Coordinator(s), or the meet is canceled due to weather or extenuating circumstances.
- Each competitor shall be allowed to compete to score in three events including relay at dual meets. For closed meets swimmers shall be allowed to swim in no more than four events. This rule may be waived if all coaches agree, but if there is no agreement the Referee shall enforce this rule as written.
3A. All Meets: The host coach must contact the visiting coach to discuss relevant information by 5:00 pm on Wednesday before the meet. The visiting coach must send his or her full Meet Entry and Team Roster (also from Hy-Tek Team Manager – with Seed Times) to the host coach by 9:00 PM on the Thursday before the Meet. The host team must e-mail the Meet Manager Back-Up to the visiting coach if requested. Any changes after that time must be submitted in writing at the meet by (on the form provided if there is one) or to the Scorer’s Table prior to the beginning of the event or by confirmed e-mail prior to the meet.
3B. Closed Meets:
- Sessions are limited to 4 hours (warm ups are not included)
- 500, 1,000 & 1,650 are not included in the timeline.
All cuts will be done in this format:
- all exhibition swims are cut first
- Last team in the meet is cut first
- Host team will communicate warm up schedule to teams entered in the meet.
4 For all disqualifications, results must have the Hy-tek DQ code identifying the DQ or the coach must receive the DQ slip.
- For Dual Meets: Scoring shall be 6,4,3,2,1 for individual events and 8,4,2 for Relays.
- 6. Every League meet must have officials as indicated by the Current National YMCA Swimming and Diving Black Book. If the host team does not have a Certified Official as the Referee, the visiting team will have the right to designate a Referee. The League Coordinator(s) will rule on any case in question, and failure to allow the visiting team to execute its right will cause the host team to forfeit the meet. If the host team is unable to secure a Certified Official, they shall inform the visiting coach in advance.
- In all League meets there must be electronic timing, or three watches on the first and second place swimmers and at least one watch on each of the other lanes. If either team requests three watches on every lane and can furnish watches and timers, the Referee shall allow the request and will set up the timing accordingly.
- When touch pads are used – for all 8 & under & 9-10 events available touchpad times will be used unless the back-up button time is faster by .3 seconds or more, in which case the button time will be used. For all 11&12, 13-14 and Senior events the USA Swimming rule will apply as written.
- Awards for open/closed meets will be stated in the Meet Announcement.
- In all dual meets each team will be responsible to award YMCA ribbons to their swimmers who score/place. League Ribbon colors are as follows: 1st=Blue, 2nd=Red, 3rd=White, 4th=Yellow, 5th=Green,
- The host team shall send a complete set of meet results (including all splits if electronic timing is used) to the Results Chair (according to his or her instructions), the webmaster and to the visiting team in Meet Manager Back up within 1 business days of the end of the meet. If meet results are not sent, the meet will not count as a meet for the host team, but would count for the visiting team unless there are extenuating circumstances. All times will be valid
12A. The Order of Events for all League Dual Meets will be as listed on pages 5 & 6 of these
Rules and will include all listed events. Scoring will be done on the 88 event format on page 7.
12B. The Order of Events for all League Closed Meets is determined by the host club. Scoring is not required for closed meets.
MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE
Dual Meet – STANDARD ORDER OF EVENTS
|Format 1||Format 2|
|1. 8 & Under Girl 100 Free Relay||1. 8 & Under Girl 100 Free Relay|
|2. 8 & Under Boy 100 Free Relay||2. 8 & Under Boy 100 Free Relay|
|3.10 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay||3.10 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|4.10 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay||4.10 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|5. 11-12 Girl 200 Medley Relay||5. 11-12 Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|6. 11-12 Boy 200 Medley Relay||6. 11-12 Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|7. 14 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay||7. 14 & Under Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|8. 14 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay||8. 14 & Under Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|9. Senior Girl 200 Medley Relay||9. Senior Girl 200 Medley Relay|
|10. Senior Boy 200 Medley Relay||10. Senior Boy 200 Medley Relay|
|11. 8 & Under Girl 25 Free||11. 8 & Under Girl 25 Free|
|12. 8 & Under Boy 25 Free||12. 8 & Under Boy 25 Free|
|13. 11 & 12 Girl 200 Free||13. 8 & Under Girl 100 I.M.|
|14. 11 & 12 Boy 200 Free||14. 8 & Under Boy 100 I.M.|
|15. 13 & 14 Girl 200 Free||15. 9 & 10 Girl 100 I.M.|
|16. 13 & 14 Boy 200 Free||16. 9 & 10 Boy 100 I.M.|
|17. Senior Girls 200 Free||17. 11 & 12 Girl 100 I.M.|
|18. Senior Boys 200 Free||18. 11 & 12 Boy 100 I.M.|
|19. 8 & Under Girl 25 Fly||19. 13 & 14 Girl 200 I.M.|
|20. 8 & Under Boy 25 Fly||20. 13 & 14 Boy 200 I.M.|
|21. 8 & Under Girl 50 Free||21. Senior Girl 200 I.M.|
|22. 8 & Under Boy 50 Free||22. Senior Boy 200 I.M.|
|23. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Free||23. 8 & Under Girl 25 Fly|
|24. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Free||24. 8 & Under Boy 25 Fly|
|25. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Free||25. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Free|
|26. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Free||26. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Free|
|27. 13 & 14 Girl 50 Free||27. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Free|
|28. 13 & 14 Boy 50 Free||28. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Free|
|29. Senior Girl 50 Free||29. 13 & 14 Girl 50 Free|
|30. Senior Boy 50 Free||30. 13 & 14 Boy 50 Free|
|31. 8 & Under Girl 25 Back||31. Senior Girl 50 Free|
|32. 8 & Under Boy 25 Back||32. Senior Boy 50 Free|
|33. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Fly||33. 8 & Under Girl 25 Back|
|34. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Fly||34. 8 & Under Boy 25 Back|
|35. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Fly||35. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Fly|
|36. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Fly||36. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Fly|
|37. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Fly||37. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Fly|
|38. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Fly||38. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Fly|
|39. Senior Girl 100 Fly||39. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Fly|
|40. Senior Boy 100 Fly||40. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Fly|
|41. 8 & Under Girl 25 Breast||41. Senior Girl 100 Fly|
|42. 8 & Under Boy 25 Breast||42. Senior Boy 100 Fly|
|43. 9 & 10 Girl 100 Free||43. 8 & Under Girl 25 Breast|
|44. 9 & 10 Boy 100 Free||44. 8 & Under Boy 25 Breast|
|45. 11 & 12 Girl 100 Free||45. 11 & 12 Girl 100 Free|
|46. 11 & 12 Boy 100 Free||46. 11 & 12 Boy 100 Free|
|47. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Free||47. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Free|
|48. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Free||48. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Free|
|49. Senior Girl 100 Free||49. Senior Girl 100 Free|
|50. Senior Boy 100 Free||50. Senior Boy 100 Free|
|51. 8 & Under Girl 100 Medley Relay||51. 8 & Under Girl 100 Medley Relay|
|52. 8 & Under Boy 100 Medley Relay||52. 8 & Under Boy 100 Medley Relay|
|53. Senior Girl 500 Free||53. Senior Girl 500 Free|
|54. Senior Boy 500 Free||54. Senior Boy 500 Free|
|55. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Back||55. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Back|
|56. 9 & 10 Boy50 Back||56. 9 & 10 Boy50 Back|
|57. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Back||57. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Back|
|58. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Back||58. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Back|
|59. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Back||59. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Back|
|60. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Back||60. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Back|
|61. Senior Girl 100 Back||61. Senior Girl 100 Back|
|62. Senior Boy 100 Back||62. Senior Boy 100 Back|
|63. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Breast||63. 9 & 10 Girl 50 Breast|
|64. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Breast||64. 9 & 10 Boy 50 Breast|
|65. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Breast||65. 11 & 12 Girl 50 Breast|
|66. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Breast||66. 11 & 12 Boy 50 Breast|
|67. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Breast||67. 13 & 14 Girl 100 Breast|
|68. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Breast||68. 13 & 14 Boy 100 Breast|
|69. Senior Girl 100 Breast||69. Senior Girl 100 Breast|
|70. Senior Boy 100 Breast||70. Senior Boy 100 Breast|
|71. 9 & 10 Girl 200 Free Relay||71. 9 & 10 Girl 200 Free Relay|
|72. 9 & 10 Boy 200 Free Relay||72. 9 & 10 Boy 200 Free Relay|
|73. 11 & 12 Girl 200 Free Relay||73. 11 & 12 Girl 200 Free Relay|
|74. 11 & 12 Boy 200 Free Relay||74. 11 & 12 Boy 200 Free Relay|
|75. 13 & 14 Girl 200 Free Relay||75. 13 & 14 Girl 200 Free Relay|
|76. 13 & 14 Boy 200 Free Relay||76. 13 & 14 Boy 200 Free Relay|
|77. Senior Girl 200 Free Relay||77. Senior Girl 200 Free Relay|
|78. Senior Boy 200 Free Relay||78. Senior Boy 200 Free Relay|
MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE
88 EVENT LIST FOR RESULTS AND SCORING FOR REGULAR LEAGUE MEETS
|Event # For Girls||Event||Event # For Boys|
|1.||8 & U 100 yard Medley Relay||2.|
|3.||9 & 10 200 yard Medley Relay||4.|
|5.||11 & 12 200 yard Medley Relay||6.|
|7.||13 & 14 200 yard Medley Relay||8.|
|9.||Senior 200 yard Medley Relay||10.|
|11.||11 & 12 200 yard Freestyle||12.|
|13.||13 & 14 200 yard Freestyle||14.|
|15.||Senior 200 yard Freestyle||16.|
|17.||8 & U 100 yard Ind. Medley||18.|
|19.||9 & 10 100 yard Ind. Medley||20.|
|21.||11 & 12 100 yard Ind. Medley||22.|
|23.||13 & 14 200 yard Ind. Medley||24.|
|25.||Senior 200 yard Ind. Medley||26.|
|27.||8 & U 25 yard Freestyle||28.|
|29.||9 & 10 50 yard Freestyle||30.|
|31.||11 & 12 50 yard Freestyle||32.|
|33.||13 & 14 50 yard Freestyle||34.|
|35.||Senior 50 yard Freestyle||36.|
|37.||8 & U 25 yard Butterfly||38.|
|39.||9 & 10 50 yard Butterfly||40.|
|41.||11 & 12 50 yard Butterfly||42.|
|43.||13 & 14 100 yard Butterfly||44.|
|45.||Senior 100 yard Butterfly||46.|
|47.||8 & U 50 yard Freestyle||48.|
|49.||9 & 10 100 yard Freestyle||50.|
|51.||11 & 12 100 yard Freestyle||52.|
|53.||13 & 14 100 yard Freestyle||54.|
|55.||Senior 100 yard Freestyle||56.|
|57.||Senior 500 yard Freestyle||58.|
|59.||8 & U 25 yard Backstroke||60.|
|61.||9 & 10 50 yard Backstroke||62.|
|63.||11 & 12 50 yard Backstroke||64.|
|65.||13 & 14 100 yard Backstroke||66.|
|67.||Senior 100 yard Backstroke||68.|
|69.||8 & U 25 yard Breaststroke||70.|
|71.||9 & 10 50 yard Breaststroke||72.|
|73.||11 & 12 50 yard Breaststroke||74.|
|75.||13 & 14 100 yard Breaststroke||76.|
|77.||Senior 100 yard Breaststroke||78.|
|79.||8 & U 100 yard Freestyle Relay||80.|
|81.||9 & 10 200 yard Freestyle Relay||82.|
|83.||11 & 12 200 yard Freestyle Relay||84.|
|85.||13 & 14 200 yard Freestyle Relay||86.|
|87.||Senior 200 yard Freestyle Relay||88.|
MAINE STATE YMCA SWIM LEAGUE
STATE MEET – ORDER OF EVENTS 201
Session 1 Friday Night Girls
1. Senior 200 Yard Medley Relay
2. 13 & 14 200 Yard Medley Relay
3. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle
4. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle
5. Senior 200 Yard Individual Medley
6. 13 & 14 200 Yard Individual Medley
7. Senior 50 Yard Freestyle
8.13 & 14 50 Yard Freestyle
9. Senior 100 Yard Butterfly
10.13 & 14 100 Yard Butterfly
11. Senior 100 Yard Freestyle
12.13 & 14 100 Yard Freestyle
13. Senior 500 Yard Freestyle
14. 13 & 14 100 Yard Backstroke
15. Senior 100 Yard Backstroke
16. 13 & 14 100 Yard Breaststroke
17. Senior 100 Yard Breaststroke
18. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
19. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 2 Saturday Morning Boys
20. 11 & 12 200 Yard Medley Relay
21. 9 & 10 200 Yard Medley Relay
22. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle
23. 9 & 10 100 Yard Individual Medley
24. 11 & 12 100 Yard Individual Medley
25. 9 & 10 50 Yard Freestyle
26. 11 & 12 50 Yard Freestyle
27. 9 & 10 50 Yard Butterfly
28. 11 & 12 50 Yard Butterfly
29. 9 & 10 100 Yard Freestyle
30. 11 & 12 100 Yard Freestyle
31. 9 & 10 50 Yard Backstroke
32. 11 & 12 50 Yard Backstroke
33. 9 & 10 50 Yard Breaststroke
34. 11 & 12 50 Yard Breaststroke
35. 9 & 10 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
36. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 3 Late Saturday Morning Girls
37. 9 & 10 200 Yard Medley Relay
38. 9 & 10 100 Yard Individual Medley
39. 9 & 10 50 Yard Freestyle
40. 9 & 10 50 Yard Butterfly
41. 9 & 10 100 Yard Freestyle
42. 9 & 10 50 Yard Backstroke
43. 9 & 10 50 Yard Breaststroke
44. 9 & 10 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 4 Saturday Afternoon Boys
45. Senior 200 Yard Medley Relay
46. 13 & 14 200 Yard Medley Relay
47. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle
48. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle
49. Senior 200 Yard Individual Medley
50. 13 & 14 200 Yard Individual Medley
51. Senior 50 Yard Freestyle
52. 13 & 14 50 Yard Freestyle
53. Senior 100 Yard Butterfly
54. 13 & 14 100 Yard Butterfly
55. Senior 100 Yard Freestyle
56. 13 & 14 100 Yard Freestyle
57. Senior 500 Yard Freestyle
58. 13 & 14 100 Yard Backstroke
59. Senior 100 Yard Backstroke
60. 13 & 14 100 Yard Breaststroke
61. Senior 100 Yard Breaststroke
62. 13 & 14 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
63. Senior 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 5 Sunday Morning Girls
64. 8 & U 100 Yard Medley Relay
65. 8 & U 25 Yard Breaststroke
66. 8 & U 25 Yard Freestyle
67. 8 & U 25 Yard Butterfly
68. 8 & U 50 Yard Freestyle
69. 8 & U 25 Yard Backstroke
70. 8 & U 100 Yard Individual Medley
71. 8 & U 100 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 6 Sunday Late Morning Boys
72. 8 & U 100 Yard Medley Relay
73. 8 & U 25 Yard Breaststroke
74. 8 & U 25 Yard Freestyle
75. 8 & U 25 Yard Butterfly
76. 8 & U 50 Yard Freestyle
77. 8 & U 25 Yard Backstroke
78. 8 & U 100 Yard Individual Medley
79. 8 & U 100 Yard Freestyle Relay
Session 7 Sunday Afternoon Girls
80.. 11 & 12 200 Yard Medley Relay
81. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle
82. 11 & 12 100 Yard Individual Medley
83. 11 & 12 50 Yard Freestyle
84. 11 & 12 50 Yard Butterfly
85. 11 & 12 100 Yard Freestyle
86. 11 & 12 50 Yard Backstroke
87. 11 & 12 50 Yard Breaststroke
88. 11 & 12 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
B. CHAMPIONSHIP – WINTER SEASON
- The eligibility of a team to compete in the Championship Meet will be determined by applicable State and National YMCA regulations. The League Coordinator (s} will rule on any cases in question. That ruling will be final.
- Every swimmer must swim in at least three League Meets, contested on separate dates, in the current winter season in order to be eligible to swim in the current Winter Championship Meet. In order to qualify as a League Meet, a meet must be on the League Schedule issued by the League Coordinator (s}, or must be a make-up of one on the League Schedule, or must be approved by the Coordinator (s) by December 31 of current season. The League Coordinator(s) will rule on any cases In question. Only if a coach notifies the League Coordinators within 48 hours after the last sanctioned League Meet of the season and only in extenuating circumstances, may the League Coordinator(s) waive this rule. The Coordinator (s} decision will be final. The Coordinators will notify all coaches of all waivers before State Meet Entries are due.
- All other problems (except eligibility questions noted above) relating to the entry process or the conduct of the meet will be decided by the Championship Meet Committee. Their decision will be final. The Championship Meet Committee in any season will consist of the Meet Director (s}, the Referee (s}, and the Official Starter(s) for the Championships and a Coach and an Alternate Coach who will be elected at the January Meeting. The Alternate
Coach will serve if the primary Coach’s team is involved. It should be noted that not all members of the Meet Committee might be present during anyone day of the Competition, and that therefore a majority vote of those in attendance will be adequate to resolve any problem arising during the competition.
- Any change, addition, or deletion to the Championship Meet Rules must be proposed and adopted at the Fall League Meeting in order to become official. In addition, however, the Championship Meet Committee may issue further detailed instructions, if necessary regarding the use of the State Meet Facility.
- Team Entries must be created from a Hy- Tek Windows Team Manager and must be sent as a Hy- Tek Entry File by e-mail to the Seeding Chair & League Commissioner, as follows: (Specific date timeline is established in January).
- By February 1st – each Team must designate an Entry Contact Person who has e-mail.
- By Noon on Thursday, 8 days before the State Meet – each Team’s initial Entry File must have been received by the Seeding Chair & League Coordinator by e-mail. If the Seeding Chair is missing an entry at the deadline, he/she will attempt to contact the Team. If he/she is not successful, the Cluster Coordinator will contact the YMCA. A $100.00 fine will be assessed on late entries.
- By 6:00 PM on Thursday, 9 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair will e-mail to each Team’s Entry Contact Person an HTML file of that Team’s entries as entered into the State Meet Windows Meet Manager.
- By Noon on Friday, 8 days before the Meet – all additions and corrections to the HTML file must be received by the Seeding Chair by e-mail. These corrections and additions must be sent by e-mail message to the Seeding Chair, unless he or she directs the coach to send a full corrected entry file. No changes, additions, or corrections to the Team Entry will be allowed after this time.
- By 6:00 PM on Friday, 8 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair will e-mail each Team Entry Contact an HTML file of the complete Psych Sheet for the Meet.
- By Noon on Monday, 5 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair must have received by e-mail any corrections for typographical errors made by the Seeding Chair. He or she must also have received all protests regarding any swimmer’s eligibility by this time. No other changes or corrections will be accepted at this time, and no eligibility protests will be accepted after this time.
- By 6:00 PM on Monday, 5 days before the Meet – the Seeding Chair will post the Revised Psych Sheet on the League’s Web Site.
- 8 days before the Meet – The Team Data, List of Officials and Authorization Form must be received by the League Coordinator.
- A check for the full amount of the Entry Fees due by day of meet (as voted at the January Meeting) or payment arrangements must be made with league coordinator.
- Each team may enter an unlimited number of swimmers in individual events. Each swimmer may enter a maximum of three events. A team may enter swimmers as exhibition competitors in Exhibition National YMCA Qualifying Events provided: The team coach makes a request to the Meet Director, the event is swum only once and the time is close to qualifying for that age group in this Championship, For a time trial, the team coach arranges for sufficient timers. The time trial will be held in the opposite gender session prior to the beginning of the session (Boys time Trial in Girls session).
- Swimmers who are left off Entries or from a compliment of 3 events may be added at the meet director’s discretion, only as Non-scoring Exhibition Competitors for that event, only in empty lanes in existing heats, and at a cost of $25 per swimmer per event. Any swimmer affected by a relay scratch will be allowed to compete in empty lanes in existing heats for no cost. These swims are non-scoring.
- The Meet Directors will have the authority to ban from the rest of the Meet any swimmer who vandalizes any part of the host facility or who disobeys rules and regulations regarding its use.
- Place judging for the Championship Meet shall be by Modified Ballot unless an automatic timing and judging system is used. All 8 and Under Events will use three buttons instead of touch pads as the primary finish. For all 9 & 10, and 11 & 12 Events available touch pad times will be used unless the back-up button time is faster by 0.3 seconds or more, in which case the button time will be used. For all 13 & 14 and Senior Events the USA Swimming rule will apply as written.
11. There will be no penalty for missing an event except disqualification from that event NS will indicate a no show instead of a disqualification. Missing an event will count as an entered event but there will be no further penalty for the meet. For all disqualifications, results must have the Hy-tek DQ code identifying the DQ.
12. All Events will be run as timed finals.
13. Each team may enter unlimited relay teams in each relay event, but only the highest placing relay team may score. If a relay team places but does not score, it will receive the awards for that place. The team coach shall designate the four swimmers assigned to swim on each relay team by listing their names on the meet Entry file. As many times as needed, a coach may scratch an individual event for any swimmer needed to fill out a relay, provided that one or more of the swimmers scheduled for that relay is scratch from the meet.
14. Scoring shall be for sixteen places as in the regular rules. Relays have a value of four times an individual event.
15. Appropriate awards will be awarded to the top eight finalists in each event. Ribbons will be awarded to ninth through sixteenth places. Heat Winner ribbons will be awarded to all Heat Winners. Each participant will receive a State Meet Participant Award.
16. Team awards will be presented to the winning Girls’ Team, Boys’ Team, and Combined Team in each of the following Age Groups: 8 and Under, 9 & 10, 11&12, 13&14, Senior, and Over-All. In addition an award will be presented to the Runner-Up and Combined Over-All Team.
17. For each age group the order of events will be as listed in the State Meet Order of Events on page 10 of these Rules.
18. Awards will be presented at the State Meet to the YMCA Citizen for a Boy and Girl participant, Volunteer of the Year and to the YMCA Coach of The Year.
19. The recipient of the Thomas “Tom” Manduca YMCA Citizen Boy & Girl will receive a $500.00 award payable to the recipients’ choice of charity.